Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine's Day

I'm such a sucker for holidays. I love decorating and celebrating for basically ANY reason! This year, I did something fun for Will - I gave him two weeks of Valentine's. They were everything from yummy treats to notes and gifts. I wanted to do something a little extra for him because he's been working so hard and doing so much for our little family on top of his job. I promise I did things other than make pretty looking junk food, but that is all you're going to see. ;)

One day, I made him homemade donuts for breakfast:

Another day I made Rice Krispy Treats! He saw these and said "You lots of Rice Krispy Treat hearts me??"

One day we decorated sugar cookies. I've decided I'm horrible at making sugar cookies. They always turn out weird. They tasted pretty good, but I can never get the shape right. They puff up like balloons and then fall very flat. These were my first "heart" cookies.

Uhhhm, yeah. Lovely. Below are our decorated cookies, and there is a cookie in the next picture that may be considered a "PG-13" cookie, just to warn anyone who is sensitive. I randomly came across it on a blog and it made me laugh. I just HAD to do it.






















For Valentine's Day evening, we had a really fancy dinner. We put Kaylee to bed a little early (luckily, she didn't fight it, too much...) and ate late. We had a salad, chicken cordon bleu, potatoes, asparagus with cream sauce, rolls, chocolate covered strawberries and cream cheese brownies for dessert. It was SO GOOD!



Aaaaand now that we've both probably gained about 20 pounds, it's definitely time to slow down with the treats. :( But we had fun!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Can I have your cream cheese brownie recipe? Your "PG-13" cookie is cute.

    ReplyDelete