Monday, February 18, 2013

Bathroom Project

What started as a simple caulking job turned into a dramatic bathroom remodel. Unfortunately, I don't have any good before pictures. :( But this is what we've been up to the last few days:

1. Tear out old bathtub. Check.
2. Remove wall, adjust size, and move over 3 feet. Check. (This picture was taken a little later...)

3. Anchor wall. Easier said than done - drilling into concrete is not a party. Check.
4. Dig a 6 foot long hole in the concrete with a sledge hammer for the bathtub and vanity. (My husband is awesome) Check.
5. Remove all drywall from the room including ceiling. Check.

6. Clean up and take to the dump. Check, except for the pile still outside. Another trip is in order.
7. Set up bathtub drain and line up sewer line. Check.
8. Install new sewage plumbing in hole, and set with dirt and rocks. Check.
9. Fill in hole with concrete. Hopefully check. (Hopefully we don't have to dig it out and start over.)

10. Bicker about whether we should have rented a concrete mixer from Home Depot. Check.

2 comments:

  1. I have to say...I read #6 incorrectly and though it said, 6. Take a dump. I got a good long laugh out of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL MaShay. When my husband left he said he was going to go "take a dump" and I was like "What?" and he said "I mean, go TO the dump."

    Maybe we need to start saying "landfill" to avoid these awkward exchanges...

    ReplyDelete