Monday, January 27, 2014

(Sort of) Sad news.

Will and I decided a few weeks ago that we needed to find a new home for Ginny. So sad! But we had a couple of reasons. For one, it turns out I'm allergic to her. Not horribly, but enough to make it so I have to vacuum 2-3 times a week and I can't brush her, play with her, or pet her without being extremely uncomfortable for a little while. For another, I can't stand having doggie doo all over the back yard - the kids (*cough* Ben *cough*) are just too young to know better than not to eat whatever they think looks remotely interesting. SO GROSS. Actually, it wasn't all over, it was only in her designated spot...the kids never seemed to remember what her spot was, though.


But in all honesty, Will and I decided that we are just not dog people. I had dogs growing up and always loved them, but apparently I've grown out of it, because Ginny simply drove me insane all the time. And Will has never really been a dog person. We decided to try it out anyway, and, obviously, it didn't work. Especially because Ginny was small, ridiculously cute, and very well behaved (albeit hyper), so if we didn't like HER, I don't think we'd like any dog.


So we put an ad up on Craigslist and made an appointment to get her spayed, and we had a bunch of people interested in her right away. I mean, how many people want a ridiculously adorable puppy that is a bit older, partly obedience trained and completely house trained? (A lot, apparently.) I had like 5 people asking about her the first day, so I took the ad off and met a very nice woman who fell in love with her right away.


As of now, she's been gone for almost 24 hours. It sounds like she's doing absolutely awesome in her new home, which I seriously could not be happier about. She really was the sweetest puppy, but I wasn't giving her what she needed, and I really think she'll get all she needs and more in her new home. I feel really good about our decision even though it's a bit hard to see her cute face go, not to mention my pride might be a little hurt. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment