Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter

This month has been a little crazy for us! I spent the beginning of the month finishing up scraping ceilings and painting in the living room, dining room and kitchen. Then I spent one week just deep cleaning the entire house. From the lights to the baseboards to the curtains, everything got a good cleaning. After that was our trip to ND, and we got back on Wednesday evening. On Thursday evening, we went to pick up Will's mom from the airport. She was coming to visit for Alyssa, (who just had her baby a couple of days ago) so we picked her up and she stayed at our house that night.




On Friday, Alyssa and Ty came over for a little Easter egg hunt and we went out to lunch afterward. They left that afternoon. Saturday morning we had a big choir practice for the Easter program, and later on we did Easter baskets. I much prefer doing all the little Easter things like that on Friday or Saturday, and then we're not rushing around on Sunday morning or making Easter Sunday all about the Easter Bunny. We had to be at the church at 8:30 on Sunday, to warm up the choir. It's always a bit of a pain for those big programs because I love to sing in the choir, so we have to find someone to sit with our kids. We found somebody pretty easily though, and the kids were really good for them.

After church I made a huge Easter dinner, with ham, cheesy potatoes, green beans, rolls, deviled eggs and jello salad. It all turned out absolutely delicious, I only wish we'd had someone to share it with!! It was a very nice dinner with just the four of us though. :)
Now, unfortunately on Friday I was flat-out exhausted from the last few days that again I didn't get pictures, I really just wanted to sit around and watch the goofy kids! So I let Alyssa take all the pictures, haha! But on Monday me and the kids went out to play and I got some fun ones. Ben is hard to photograph because he is literally always on the move. 





I almost forgot to post my Easter mantel. Because I know you're all dying to see it. ;)

Lastly, Ben got a haircut on Saturday night. He was getting so shaggy! And yes, he is covered in hair. He never leaves anything on to avoid that, so, oh well. But yeah, as much as I love his long hair, it was time!

No comments:

Post a Comment