Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Road Trip!!!

We decided to take a quick little trip to Utah to visit Paul and Melissa, and Andy, Steph and meet their daughter Margaret for the first time. We left on Thursday and got back on Sunday. It was really a perfect trip; we did everything we wanted to do. I was really scared of the kids getting carsick again, so I bought kids' Dramamine and gave it to them before we left, thank goodness they were fine the whole way!!

On Thursday (Will's birthday) we drove out, hung out with Paul and Melissa for a bit and Will saw one of his old friends from college. We also got to see Paul's work project which was very fun. On Friday, we got to drive past our old house and see how it's looking. It appears that the current owners are taking decent care of it, so that was nice to see. Although I can very honestly say that I do not miss it, at all. :) We went to Zupas for lunch, the same one that we went to on our first date. It was really fun to bring the kids and think about how far we'd come in (almost) 6 years. We went back to Andy and Steph's for dinner and that evening we watched Maggie for an hour so they could go out. She was very funny and started whispering to us after a little while. I'm REALLY sad because I was going to bring my camera and take some cute pictures of her, but somehow I totally forgot it. I'm not sure how I did that, but I guess I was focused on avoiding carsickness more than anything else, so that might be why.

Saturday we spent the whole day with Andy, Steph, and Maggie. They have been working on their condo for a while and it's looking really nice! I remember when they first moved in it was all just...beige. They put in new flooring and painted and it looks awesome! I'm kind of jealous of their kitchen, it's very similar to what I want to do in ours. I have no idea when we'll be able to get to ours though.

We walked to Temple Square and Kaylee really liked seeing the temple and all of the fountains there. Maggie and Ben were not so happy on the walk home, I think they were a little worn out.



We had lunch and then quiet time for a while, while Maggie napped, and then we went to a playground. Kaylee is REALLY close to being able to pump on the swing by herself, yay!! I look forward to not having to push the kids the entire time we're at the playground. For dinner we had some delicious pulled pork sandwiches that Steph made, and after dinner Will showed Steph, Paul, and Melissa his board game he created, "Queen of the Hill." It's a very fun game and I don't know how he comes up with things like that.

Sunday morning we headed home. The kids were amazingly good in the car for not having lots of toys and fun things to do. They got kind of noisy and bickered a lot on the way home, but still, all things considered, not too bad. Maybe next time we'll try Dramamine and a few things to do, and see if they still do okay. For now I'm just happy with what we got!

Well, we had a wonderful little visit and I hope it's not too long before we see everyone again.

No comments:

Post a Comment