Saturday, February 4, 2017

Before and Afters

This last month has been a total whirlwind for us! The last few months Will and I have discussed the idea of getting a bigger house, but the conversation never went anywhere because the housing market here has gone completely nuts the last couple of years. While that meant of course, the houses we were looking at were very expensive, it also meant the amount we could get for our current house was quite a bit, so it was doable.

Long story short, we found a house we loved, and we're moving on Valentine's Day! I wanted to share some before and after pictures of our current house. They leave a little bit to be desired because the day that I took most of these pictures, it was a blizzard and SUPER dark outside (I got the outdoor pictures when it had just started snowing). After our house was on the market for only 3 days, we started packing up, so you don't get the full effect. But here's what I have if you want to see! :)






I got those mums for $1 each at Lowes. They were itty-bitty little plants and I wasn't sure what would come of them. Seems like they did okay!


  
This room was difficult for me because of how small it is. It took me a very long time to figure out how I liked the furniture arranged. I like how it ended up, but it always felt a little squished to me. I did get lots of compliments on it from showings, though!


  
Please take note of all the lack of popcorn ceilings in the after pictures. ;)


  
This wall had our crocheted "Castrey" picture on it, but unfortunately I packed it away before taking this picture. The problems with taking after pictures while moving...


    

  

  
I have to say that the fireplace was possibly my favorite project in this whole house. It was pretty easy and made SUCH a big difference.


  

  

  

  
Notice the hideous fluorescent light above the vanity. That was a last-minute project we did and it was SO worth it!


  
I had dreams of making this room a super cute girls room for Kaylee and Elizabeth, but Elizabeth hasn't been the best sleeper so I had to keep them separate, and never got to it. Poor Ben had to have a pink room for a long time.



   


  

  

  


As you can see, this house was more paint and decorating than anything else (other than of course, the popcorn ceilings and the deck - those were a lot more work). It's been fun!

We have absolutely loved living here. It has really been home to us. Here's to hoping that our new house feels as much like home as this one did!

No comments:

Post a Comment