Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Birthday to me!

I had such a fun birthday this year! We celebrated on Saturday (I'll explain the reason in a minute). Our original plan was to go on a date to Tucano's and probably a few other places, but it ended up being really snowy and cold out, so we decided to stay inside instead. My car is pretty bad in snow and we just didn't want to deal with it. We really need to get new tires.

Will bought me some cooking things for my birthday - that's what I've been asking for lately! Ramekins, a colander (I've dumped far too many noodles and potatoes down the drain...), a pizza cutter (ours just broke and I make pizza a LOT!), and some of those plate/bowl things - I don't know what they're called, but they work really well for things like stir fry and salad, where you don't know if a bowl or a plate would work better. I love cooking...and eating, so I'm excited about them all!

I love having a husband that can cook too, even if it's just a few things. He made me pancakes for breakfast, and cheeseburgers for lunch. I prepared lasagna the day before so I could just stick that in the oven. Then for dessert I'd made a white chocolate raspberry cheesecake. I made it in a water bath for the first time, and it almost turned out perfect. I need to change a couple of things but I'm getting there. Someday I will perfect the cheesecake...


My actual birthday, Sunday, was full of church. Not that that's a bad thing, of course, but....when you're gone because of church for approximately 5 hours, broken up throughout the day from 10am to 7:30pm, it makes it harder to celebrate. So that's why we chose to celebrate on Saturday instead! It was fun at church though, in our ward program they list everyone's birthdays for that week, so I got a LOT of happy birthdays at church! My favorite: Kristin says "Happy Birthday!" and then her 3yo son copies her, and then her 4yo daughter copies him, and they leave. Kaylee stares after them, and I can see the wheels turning. She looks at me and says "Happ-y Birt-day, MOMMY!" Then continued to say it for the rest of the day. Even though she'd heard a bunch of people say it before that, I guess she needed kids close to her age to say it, to realize she was also capable. I've noticed that with her a lot - she refused to ever say "Bye" to anyone, until a little boy a couple months older than her said it. Ever since, she'll say it. Funny stuff!


Will made me a chocolate volcano cake to eat before we left for church at 1. Delicious! I'm so grateful for my wonderful family and everyone that made my birthday special this year. :)

1 comment: