Wednesday, January 2, 2013

I need help!!!

I'm finally redoing our bedroom. I got Christmas money and some Lowe's gift cards, so that's what I chose to do. I'm SO excited about it! I've been wanting to finish it for so long, but I just...haven't. We've been focusing on other things lately, like the basement.

Anyway, I need some help. I was going to do curtains similar to the ones that I did in the basement:


We have small, high windows, so I always just assumed that floor-length curtains, no matter how much I love them, cannot go in our room. I thought it would look super goofy. However, I washed the curtain fabric I bought, and when it came out of the dryer it was still a little damp, so I hung it on the curtain rod in our room to finish drying. It's so long that it looks like a floor-length curtain. And...I kind of like it. It warms up the room and gives it a romantic feel. But I need to know some other opinions because I don't know if I'm just being silly. Here it is:

Of course, it would be on both sides, and probably usually closed. I could put another layer on the back to darken it, which, when it was closed, would just make it look like a large window. I also might raise the curtain rod a bit because it looks a little low to me.

So....opinions?? Do long curtains work on short windows or is this a no-go?

4 comments:

  1. What if you had another curtain layer that was sheer for the center and then put a piece of furniture in front of the curtains that would kind of hide the fact that it's a small window?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of layers too Aunt Judy! I love the layered look. I would like to do furniture right there, but I don't think there's enough room. :( Our room is not the most spacious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think layers would work well, even without a piece of furniture there. Good luck! I know whatever you do will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would absolutely do long curtains and raise the rod. It tricks the eye into thinking the window is bigger than it is and gives a dressier feel. That's my opinion anyway. Keep the pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete