Monday, March 18, 2013

I love cooking...

It's one of my favorite things to do. I can make amazing Asian food, I can whip up Italian bread in less than two hours, I make the BEST dinner rolls. I've had several people tell me I make the best cookies they've ever had. I recently made up a recipe for a peanut butter chocolate pie that is really easy, really quick, and basically tastes like...heaven...in my mouth. I can take almost any recipe that I want to and make it delicious the very first time, even if I make some changes to it according to our tastes (or if I'm missing an ingredient).

But...I can't make pancakes. Seriously, I stink at it. I make them every week or so to try to get the trick, but it's not working very well so far. They taste fine, but man are they UGLY.

I think I need to fix the butter problem (the recipe I use melts the butter, and when I mix it in, it always hardens so there are chunks of butter all over my batter), and use lower heat. But in using lower heat, I need to be patient. I'm not very good at being patient.

Maybe I'm just too impatient for pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment