Monday, September 12, 2011

House pictures: One month

One month later we have made so much progress. Everything is going great and I'm so happy with it all. Out of all the rooms, the kitchen and dining room have had the most attention.


We put in a new chandelier, filled in all the stucco walls, painted and added wainscoting to the dining room. Will helped me make the cute little shelf next to the picture on the wall, and there will be a matching one on the other side (hopefully tonight).

In the kitchen, we replaced the window and sill (now we just need to tear out the little addition so LIGHT comes through the new window), installed new countertops, changed the faucet, put in a tile backsplash, and fixed the gross hole underneath the sink. We still need to work on trim and edges, as well as a bit of paint touching up, but it's looking pretty good so far!

 I did the tiling almost all by myself. This corner was a bugger - I had to cut a LOT of tiles to make it work. It doesn't look so great in this picture because it was not grouted yet.

We pulled out that huge ceder bush in the front of our house, cut the rosebushes down to size, planted a little cherry tree (not in this picture) and started planning out our garden/landscaping for the front yard. And we lost one number on our house...well, I accidentally pulled it off and never put it back on. We didn't really lose it.



The living room. It's not even close to how I want it yet, but it's functional and not too bad!

I would post pictures of the two bedrooms upstairs, but the only real difference there is that they're painted. They're pretty boring, so I'll post those when we get a little farther along.

Lots more exciting changes coming up. :)

4 comments:

  1. The kitchen looks great Becky!!! I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work on the tile! Placing and cutting all of those little pieces is a pain but your work looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole thing is a big WOW!!! I am so glad for you..... And the kitties are precious too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The house is looking great! All that hard work is really paying off. I don't know why my picture is showing as an exclamation in a triangle!

    ReplyDelete