Saturday, September 17, 2011

Some Randoms...

Here are my finished shelves and decorations in the dining room. My husband is awesome and made very nice little shelves for me, from scrap wood we had lying around, and he routed the edges and everything. I painted them black with acrylic paint and then put a clear varnish on them. I love them.


Goofy cat in the cupboard:





This cat sleeps in the WEIRDEST positions. This is not the weirdest I've seen, but the only one I've managed to get a picture of.


So, we wanted to get our backyard in at least decent shape before winter, because it's sort of turning to just dirt and we're afraid if we don't do anything, it'll be a big mud pit next spring and we'll have to really re-do everything. So we put a sprinkler out. Oops...left it on all night (that's gonna be expensive). This is our backyard now.

We've been working a LOT outside in the front yard this week. We planted four bushes, dug everything up for our garden (easier said than done, because it's kind of heavy soil with quite a bit of clay and a few rocks...also, extremely dry). We also made this awesome little corner in our yard. Isn't it great? I'm so happy with it. We planted dwarf daffodils around it as well, so we'll have some color next spring.

That's all for now!! Things are getting better and better every day.

1 comment: