Friday, September 14, 2012

Brag Post

I will just come right out and admit this is kind of a brag post. I am super proud of myself for what I recently made:


It's not perfect, but it's very sturdy. The drawer sticks a bit, but hey, it was my first one I've ever made, and it DOES work, so...

I made it mainly out of scraps of wood we had lying around from all my other recent wood projects, plus I had to buy a few things - totaled around $7 or so. So yes, I made this adorable little nightstand and it cost me less than $10. If you include ALL the costs, it was probably around $15-$20. So inexpensive! I love it and I can't wait to make a couple more for my own bedroom! :)

Thanks Tim for lending me your Kreg Jig! It was super helpful!!

Edited to add: I have to give my husband credit - he helped me taper the legs and use the table saw for one or two other cuts. There is no way I could taper legs myself. *shudder* 

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I need to know how you made this because we need nightstands and I'm super cheap, don't want to buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you a message on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky, it looks wonderful. If your sticking problem is on the drawer rails and not the face of the drawer, you can use an old school trick of rubbing a candle on the wood and it will help it slide. If it is that the drawer face is tight to the front of the table then you are back to sanding which is not much fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete