Saturday, August 3, 2013

Kaylee's birthday and other happenings

Well, our little girl turned 3 on July 31st!! She's in a crazy stage right now, I must admit. I've heard numerous times that 3 is one of the harder ages, and 2 is really not that bad. Yeah, so far I agree, she started this a couple of months ago. Basically, she does everything in her power to let me know that SHE is in charge. Lately her big thing is asking for something and then throwing a fit when I give it to her. For example, she asked for mac and cheese for lunch. Sure! Mac and cheese it is. I get out the pot and she starts screaming "I don't WANT mac and cheese!!!!" and stomping and slapping herself. Oooookay?

Even with all of her silly 3 year old quirks, she's a lot of fun. She's learning so much, and getting to be a really good talker. I'm impressed with her ability to use words like yet, now, later, soon, etc. She can sing the ABCs and is learning to write letters. She drew our whole family the other day, but also included Aunt Mary in that (hear that, Mary??). She still considers Aunt Mary to be part of the family, I guess! One of her favorite things to do lately is tackle Ben and squeeze him till he squeals (not out of joy). It's a little bit funny, but not to Ben I suppose. One day Ben is going to tackle her, she'll scream for help and I will just laugh at her. ;) She is girly as ever. She absolutely loves shopping, pink, and princesses. She loves painting nails and, believe it or not, to get her hair done. Works for me!

On another note, we get our house in ONE WEEK. Everything is still on track and going well, as far as I know. The loan is processed, we have our down payment ready to go, it all looks good. I can hardly wait to have that lovely fenced back yard! I know the kids will love it. They're getting so bored here, I can tell. They really need some more room to play and explore. Next week can't come fast enough! And then, of course, we have to do all the hard things like...well, moving. Again. The nice thing is, we hardly unpacked anything, just the basic minimums we needed for a couple of months here. So it shouldn't be too hard. Not only that, but we get to move at our own pace, instead of everything all at once.

One more week. One more week. One more week...

No comments:

Post a Comment