Sunday, December 22, 2013

Gingerbread house

So recently I discovered a difficulty I have with children. I always have these somewhat romantic notions when it comes to Christmas (and sometimes other things). For example, I thought about how fun it would be to have a night where we decorate the Christmas tree, put on Christmas music and drink hot cider. Instead of being a fun, relaxing evening, half of us were sick, Ben wanted to throw the ornaments (BALL!) and only Kaylee and I enjoyed the cider. The dog was crazy and there was way too much yelling involved. Somehow I feel like other parents do better at having fun during times like these, and I'm too uptight and just need to R-E-L-A-X. Hope I'm not the only one. :)


We made a gingerbread house today and I promised myself to just let the kids have fun, and not try to take over and want it all perfect. Do you guys know how hard that is for me??? Seriously. (I have issues.)


But we had a great time! The only problem was whiny Ben, but he's pretty much whiny all the time because he's not sleeping well at all lately. He just wanted to eat ALL the candy, of course - very much expected. He actually did pretty well at helping put candy on the house too, so it worked out alright and I think we all had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment