Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmastime!!

My favorite time of year!! We started decorating on Black Friday, of course, like we always do. We got a tree on Saturday and...it's still not done. Decorating a tree with two young kids, a puppy, and a kitten is rather frustrating. Kaylee is the only one that "gets" it, and she STILL has a hard time leaving the ornaments on the tree. More often though, it's her saying "MOOOOOMMY!! Ben is messing up the tree!!!!!!" And Ben just points at the tree excitedly saying "BALLS!!" And then picks his favorite and throws it as hard as he can, and the dog attempts to eat it. It's quite a party.

 

I realize this is not the best picture because it's too bright outside, but you get the idea. I'll get some better pictures when we have it finished. Although I don't know if I'll bother if I can't have any ornaments within 3 feet of the floor! Maybe I'll just call it good right now. :)

And here is my Christmas mantel. Okay...I know the stockings are super ghetto. They might have been $1 at Target. I don't know what kind of stockings I really want, so I can't shell out a bunch of money for stockings I'm not in love with, I'll just have to wait till I find the right ones! And yeah...I don't have fancy stocking holders either. Maybe next year?? Then I can stop poking holes in everything.


We got SNOW!!! It's so pretty, I love snow. (In December.) So anyone who wanted to see our house who hasn't seen it yet...there it is! We like her. We're not doing a whole lot of decorating outside this year. I would love a big wreath above the garage, and some Christmas lights, but for now I'm sticking with my green garland and red ribbons!


I did something a little different with our pajamas tradition this year. Normally we do pajamas on Christmas Eve, but this year I got some Christmas themed pajamas for the kids. I love Christmas pjs, but I didn't want to give them on Christmas Eve, then they can only wear them for a little while before it's weird. So this year, I gave them the day after Thanksgiving, so at least they can wear them for the season. I think they're so cute!


I even got them both sort of smiling. SHOCKING!! I'm glad Ben didn't do his "tough-guy" face like he normally does for pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment