Sunday, December 25, 2011

My new camera!

So I got a bit spoiled this Christmas. In our family name exchange, my brother Tim had our family. Apparently he had some idea how much I have wanted a nice camera for years. I mean, probably since I was 12 or 13. I have always been really interested in photography, and while my regular little point and shoot was great, I felt so restricted by it sometimes. So, he bought me a Canon Rebel. (EOS T21i, to be exact.) Yup, basically my dream camera. The one I've been drooling over forever. Just the right balance for me - simple enough to pick up and use, and yet advanced enough to really do some fun stuff. Oh, and he included another lens as well, which I actually have been using most of the time - I prefer it over the standard one for a lot of shots. I think I'm going to start a separate photography blog soon, so I can talk more about it without boring everyone that reads this one. Probably more for my benefit. So I'll stop this writing nonsense and do what I know you all really want me to: post some pictures.

This first one is a little orphan girl we found on the street on Christmas Ever. Er, okay...it's my daughter. I was so busy figuring out my new camera that she got neglected a bit. Luckily her aunts took over and cleaned her up. But I can't help posting this picture - look at her eyes!
 

I can't believe how much more expression I can capture easily with this camera. I love how much more natural everything looks.

Will took this one. It shows my absolute number one favorite thing well: the ability to focus on one distinct object or area. I did a lot of it myself before I had this camera, but you know, Photoshop can only go so far. Not to mention the ridiculous amounts of time it would take to get close to how I wanted it to look.


Anyway, I am super excited about having this camera. I wish Tim could have been there to see me open it! I'm going to post about our Christmas now and upload some more pictures...

3 comments:

  1. Can you reload those second two pictures? Maybe they were too big or something?? They are just black squares with a white exclamation point in them for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sorry - my fault. I messed something up and kept waiting for them to disappear, but they didn't for me...they were still there. Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete