Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pregnant!!

Well, it must be official now because it's on Facebook. Here is a picture of me at 16 weeks:

I already have a little bump. Not enough for people to really tell but it's definitely there. I had an appointment with my midwife yesterday evening. The nurse looked at me and said "Oh, you must be barely pregnant, right? First trimester?" and I said that no, I was 16 weeks. She looked surprised. But then my midwife felt my uterus and I can't remember exactly what she said, but something along the lines of me having a large uterus. Not sure how to take that one. Is that a good thing?? Hope that doesn't mean it's just a really big baby! Then she used a doppler to listen to the heartbeat, like they do every time to make sure the baby is doing okay. Normally they have to kind of "look around" a little bit to find it, but this time, she literally just set the wand on me and it was right there, and very strong. Either they were lucky, or I have a ninja baby. They did change my date when I had an ultrasound last month, I'm a week and a half ahead of what I thought...although, it's confusing. They told me I was due May 26th, and 17 weeks today. Well, if I'm 17 weeks today, then I'm 40 weeks on May 23rd. It just doesn't add up. So who knows where I am.

Either way, I can't BELIEVE I am almost halfway. It is flying by so far. Taking away a week here or there helps. ;) There will always be the people who say "Ohh, just wait till you're huge and miserable!!" but I hope that never happens, like it never did with Kaylee. The night before I had her, I was planning on going frisbee golfing and I was still running up the stairs two at a time. I felt great, and I would love to have that again. We'll see though! This pregnancy has been a bit different, so I don't know what the rest of it will be like.

3 comments:

  1. Dating pregnancies is not based on any scientific principles...it's a guessing game! And the numbers never seem to ad up. The baby will come when he or she is ready. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! At my last appointment, I said "Well, just make my due date June 2nd. I like that day."

    ReplyDelete