Tuesday, April 24, 2012

35 weeks

Well, the end is coming right up!! Just a few more weeks. Will says we'll have him May 15th. (I say he's crazy. I doubt he'll be that early.) At church on Sunday I had several people ask when I'm due and then give me looks of pity, or say something that implied I must be completely miserable and want to be DONE.


I guess it has been kind of hard this time. I would list all my complaints...but I'll spare you, because that's boring. But I really love being pregnant! I'm not miserable at all. I'm quite content feeling the kicks and squirms. I love having a baby belly!

I'm a little nervous to have a toddler and newborn to take care of, though. Another reason to keep him in a little longer. :) Kaylee was not easy for me at all as a newborn, so I hope this one is easier. That said, I think she is going to be a WONDERFUL big sister. In general, she is:
  • Very helpful. She loves to get things for me, or throw things in the trash.
  • So independent. Yesterday she got a snack by herself, and she's extremely good about playing alone. She's not dependent on me for entertainment.
  • A great sleeper. She has her bad times, but generally she sleeps so well and even goes to bed well.
  • A good eater. Of course she sometimes refuses to eat anything I put in front of her, but she loves her fruits and veggies and I usually have no problem getting her to eat at least some of what I make for her.
  • Obedient. She has certainly found her defiant side, and realized that she *can* say no and not do what I ask. However, I don't put up with it, so she knows that she can't get away with it anyway. Let's just hope that sticks with her.


I was worried that maybe we should have waited a little longer to have another baby, because she won't even be two when this one is born. But I've heard a lot of people lately saying how age 3 is a hundred times harder than age 2. Now, people are always saying "Just wait." and this might be a continuation of that, but it seems there might be some truth to this one, because almost everyone seems to agree on it. So maybe it'll be better to have a one-year-old than a newborn when Kaylee is three. I'm pretty sure this will be about right. I think it'll be a great time for a new addition.


1 comment:

  1. You look great, Becky! Kaylee is so cute, but you already knew that!

    ReplyDelete