Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter

We had a great Easter this year! I usually don't put tons of photos in my posts because I like to write more and not have my "blog" be a photo album, but I have been kind of getting away from that lately with too many things I want to share, so there are quite a few again today. Please note that because I'm using Ubuntu on my computer (Windows crashed) I can't edit anything. I mean, I'm sure I can somehow, but I don't know what works with Ubuntu. If anyone knows, please tell me...so, please don't judge my crooked pictures that need some cropping. :) Also, they look blurry in the post. They're not blurry, really! They're crisp and clear when you click on them. Blogspot is not making me super happy lately.

I was excited to do Easter baskets this year. I've never done them before. I had fun making them, too, of course! I didn't want to spend much money on them, so I went to DI and got some baskets for 50 cents each. Painted them white with acrylic paint, and got some fabric to make liners for them. I love how they turned out and I spent less than $10.

Kaylee on Saturday morning (we did our baskets on Saturday!)

I made carrot cupcakes for Easter. I found an AMAZING recipe that I am kind of in love with right now, and I thought carrot cake would be kind of Easter-y. ...Right? I was going to do bunnies and carrots on them, but I didn't have what I needed, so I made these instead.

And now for the best part: Kaylee's dress! I love making dresses for her. They never turn out quite...perfect, but they work. And it's so inexpensive to make them. I made this one for less than $15, which I believe is better than basically any store with a decent Easter dress. It kind of makes me think of Cinderella, or Alice in Wonderland.

 
Isn't she adorable??

After dinner, we had an (another) Easter egg hunt. Kaylee loved finding the eggs.


She is growing up so quick! She's turning into such a big girl. Good thing we have a new one on the way! ;)

3 comments:

  1. Nice!! Love the baskets. Kaylee sure is adorable! I can't wait to come see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures! Kaylee is so cute, but you already knew that. Her dress is beautiful and the baskets look great! You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is so adorable, the baskets, her dress, etc! I also love the blue toe-nail polish! :)

    ReplyDelete