Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Projects

Recently, I decided that it would be a lot of fun to build a few things with wood. With my creativity and my husband's mad skills, I thought we would be able to make some things without too much trouble. Our first project (okay, it's a very silly first project...) was an entry table. Complete with tapered legs, drawers, and edges routed out for a nice touch. Ridiculous, really. I wanted to start with a basic coffee table, but since we got one with our couch set...well, we didn't need one anymore! And I've been wanting an entry table since we moved in, but I'm not about to drop $200 on one, which is how much all the ones I liked were. So I told Will what I wanted, he drew it up and figured out all the measurements, and we built it together and I stained it.  

Sorry the picture is dark. I just took it really quick earlier to get it on here. It can't be a great picture anyway because the rest of the entryway is still gross...

It's certainly not perfect, but it's not too bad either! I think we did good for it being our first project.

I have quite a few other things I'm working on right now as well. Stay tuned for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment