Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween

Halloween was SO fun this year!! I've really never been hugely into Halloween honestly - I always liked dressing up and getting candy as a kid, but it's never been super fun for me I guess. Living out in the middle of nowhere in MN made it hard to go trick-or-treating, not to mention it was always freezing cold.

Kaylee loved the whole idea of going to knock on people's doors, saying "dookie-dook" (LOL!) and getting candy for it. She has a little trouble with enunciation sometimes, but it worked.

I never dress up anymore (though I kind of wanted to this year, just didn't bother...maybe next year I'll consider it if Will agrees to joining me), but it's getting to be more fun with little kids. Our neighborhood was AWESOME this year! There were lots of trick-or-treaters, but the best part was the Derricott's haunted house and train rides. They are a family in our ward. The train was a riding lawn mower all decked out and fixed up to look like a train with barrels as the train cars - I don't have a picture but now I wish I did, because it's hard to describe. Anyway, it was very cool, and Kaylee loved it.

We had a friend in the ward watch our kids while we went through the haunted house. The scariest part for me was the clown following us and practically breathing down our neck while smacking the wall. I. Hate. Clowns. It was very fun. I'm seriously not sure how they did it, but it was much bigger and longer than I expected for a homemade haunted house.

The best part? I was wearing shorts, a light long sleeved shirt, and flip-flops and I was comfortable. Perfect weather for trick-or-treating. All in all I would say it was probably the best Halloween I've had, and it makes me want to be more fun next year and actually dress up...

After trick-or-treating and everything, Will and I put the kids to bed and ate candy, cuddled, and finished the last movie in our Harry Potter marathon. What a perfect evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment