Thursday, November 15, 2012

My "easy" child

http://www.homeschooling.net/blog/childraising/how-to-make-your-kids-deaf/

This article really hit home with me. I have people tell me how easy my toddler is. And then turn around and let their kid dump food all over, spill their drink, hit their friend, have a tantrum about something, and they say 'Oh, stop that." and do nothing. Nothing at all. And then turn to me, and say "See? This kid is crazy. He's so hard!"

My child is not "easy." She's very smart, which makes it easier for her to understand what I'm asking of her, but you know what? She is STILL a toddler. She still has tantrums, she still gets mad and hits, she still won't always eat what I give her, she's not an magical angel child. I promise. But she listens to me. Because I talk to her, in ways that are appropriate for her age, and I follow through with the things I say. Of course I'm not perfect, and we've had some really tough times. I have my weaknesses too, things I really need to work on, and things I am working on. But for us, that's enough. For now. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Parenting is a long learning experience!! And it's a lot of work!! But when kids turn out like you, such a great mom to YOUR kids.... I can't be anything but happy!!

    ReplyDelete