Saturday, November 10, 2012

Recent projects...

I've had tons of projects I've been working on lately. I tend to think of about 500 different things I want to do, then start 20 of them all at the same time, finish a couple, get bored of the rest of them and stuff them into the closet. And then start 20 NEW projects! (If my mom is reading this, she's probably laughing because I've done that same thing for years...)

So of course a couple of weeks ago I realized I had a ton of half-finished projects hidden away somewhere. I was working on ruffled pillowcases, four bibs for Ben, a fleece pullover for Kaylee, little ties for Ben, four pairs of Christmas pajamas, winter hats for Ben and Kaylee, a wall picture arrangement and then fixing all the holes in the wall that I made in the process of getting the wall arrangement up (yes, that was a project for sure :O), finishing a small table that I just made, painting the living room lamp shades, sanding and repainting a crib we just got from a friend for Ben, making a canvas for a painting in the living room and painting said canvas.

I decided I needed to really finish all of my current projects before I started any new ones. I don't know if I've ever actually finished all my projects, but I'm working on it now. I'm resolved to not start any new ones till I'm done with these. Well, except for maybe a couple of little ones. Like the winter hats were kind of an afterthought when it snowed 8 inches the last couple of days.

Show off time!

Here is my table I just made. We needed a real home for our fish tank, and Will put me up to the task of designing and building one. I think it turned out alright. It's just cheap pine boards stained with ebony Rustoleum stain and finished with a water base polyurethane. I pieced the top with 1x3's and I love the rustic look.


These are the bibs I made for Ben. The only one I don't like is the train one because I made the border too wide and it got kind of wrinkly after washing it, but overall I think they turned out cute. The main purpose is to keep him dry anyway, so I don't really care that they're not perfect. I've never done edging around something curvy, so it was good to learn how to do that.


My picture arrangement - These were all cheap frames from DI. I painted almost all of them. The yellow ones were a pain to paint because they needed like...20 coats, or they looked green.



And the winter hats. Both hats are made from leftovers from other projects (haha!).

This is Kaylee's sweatshirt. It said on the pattern that it was "loose fitting." Well, they weren't lying. It will probably fit her till she's like, 10. But it's warm and cozy for her, so it works.


I've been having a lot of fun around here if you can't tell. :) I also finished all four pairs of our Christmas pajamas which of course I can't post pictures yet, but they are SUPER cute!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of projects!! Very nice!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your picture wall!!! We used to have a picture wall too, now all of our downstairs walls are either windows or doors. I love the light, but miss the picture possibilities. I'm so impressed you can get so much done! I'm making a Christmas present for Mandi that shouldn't take too long, but I will be very proud of myself if it is actually done by then.

    ReplyDelete