Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween! I'll admit...it wasn't nearly as cool as last year, but I'm not that big into Halloween anyway, so everything I care about (the kids dressing up, and getting candy) happened, so it's all good.

I wanted to make Kaylee and Ben some cute costumes this year, but I changed my mind a couple of weeks beforehand and decided to just do something really simple. I just didn't have the energy to make anything this year! Lazy bum, I know. ;)

Kaylee was a princess (per her request). We just put her in one of her old dresses and bought a crown for her head. Simple enough for me...except her hair, oh her hair. That took a little while, but she sits nice and still for me if I put a movie on. I think it turned out super cute.




And Benjamin was a monkey! We got it on sale at Target. Yessss. He kind of threw a fit at first, but got used to it fast.


The Friday before Halloween was our ward party. It was fun, but there was one very, very important thing missing - THE PIE!! There was NO PIE at our party. I nearly cried. (Just kidding.) There were, however, about 30 soups and chili's to choose from...

The kids went trunk-or-treating there. Ben tries to say trick-or-treat, but it comes out like "dee-a-dee" or something. And thank you is "dee-dee." He likes his dee's, apparently. Kaylee did awesome remembering to say thank you, I was proud of her. There's something about that moment when your kid says "thank you!" for the first time without prompting, especially since for the longest time Kaylee would glare at anyone who I told her to say thank you to. Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment